ACMP Ontario Career Hub: Connecting Talent to Opportunities
Apply by Tuesday May 9, 2023. Apply online at Ontario Public Service Careers - Apply Online (gov.on.ca)
Job type: Temporary
Are you passionate about and have experience leading large-scale transformations that improve government while helping end-users? Do you consider yourself a relationship expert who seeks to build empathy and understand needs while being able to negotiate and drive cross-functional teams to efficient and collaborative outcomes? Are you a continuous improvement, data and business analytics geek, tirelessly ensuring that you build in and seek to improve continuous improvement processes (including LEAN) into any new program, service or business process you create? Are you a procurement and contract management guru who wants to ensure better outcomes? If you are results driven and innovative, then this may be the position you're looking for! The Service Management and Oversight Branch in Ministry of Solicitor General has a mandate around contract management, demand analytics and optimization. We need your help to co-create strategy and implement our new mandate in partnership with our internal and external partners and end-users.
As a Portfolio Lead, you will provide business and financial analysis, project management and relationship management expertise to lead the planning, design and implementation of multiple complex initiatives and multi-disciplinary teams to move towards an efficient, effective, transparent and accountable contracts systems within Corrections.
OPEN HOUSE: A voluntary information session will be conducted on Friday, April 28, 11:15 am - 12:00 pm EST to share information about the Portfolio Lead position within the Ministry of the Solicitor General, Service Management and Oversight Branch, and to learn more about the Ontario Public Service, the Ministry and the Branch. This is voluntary, and will not impact the screening process. If you are interested, please register for the information session OPS commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility and anti-racism We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace. We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions. Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racismpolicy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusiondiversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service. We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation. What can I expect to do in this role? In this role, you will: • Lead and provide expertise in support of the successful implementation of business initiatives that improve outcomes for the OPS and Ontarians. Build the tools and train teams to embrace new ways of working. • Motivate, mentor and provide project management leaderships to team members including determining work priorities and coordinating work related to: o Large-scale, concurrent projects with multi-disciplinary teams o Research and analysis to recommend new opportunities, tools, resources, methodologies and strategies to improve contract management and goods and service delivery o Application of change management methods and strategy. • Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with other divisions, business owners, partners and end-users to co-create, deliver and monitor continuous improvements on business changes. • Be a change agent that helps to instil a culture of accountability, transparency, continuous improvement, and evidence-based decision making around contract management. Location: Toronto How do I qualify? Leadership and Project Management Skills: • You are an expert in project management methodologies, using traditional and agile methods, to lead, coordinate and drive from start to finish multiple large, complex concurrent projects and program development/improvement initiatives. • You motivate, mentor and provide project management leadership to team members including determining work priorities and coordinating work activities related to large-scale concurrent projects with multi-disciplinary teams, and recommend and implement new opportunities, tools, resources, methodologies and strategies to improve contract management.
• You can quickly and easily develop project artefacts and planning documents, including deliverables, timelines, dependencies, risk and communications in Project Charters, roadmaps, product backlogs and user stories.
• You are able to monitor and control risks, issues and changes, and get buy-in and agreement to resolve conflicts. Communication and Relationship Management Skills: • You have strong consultation and relationship management skills to develop and maintain relationships with clients, stakeholders, partners, service providers and end-users.
• You use your relationship management skills to build understanding and empathy with partners in order to understand their business needs and co-create new processes, procedures and business tools.
• You have effective negotiation and interpersonal skills to lead and participate in multi-disciplinary committees or working groups.
• You have a demonstrated ability to gain support for cross-ministry initiatives from multiple partners.
• Your superb communication and change management skills allow you to develop and implement partner communication strategies and engagement plans that ensure effective, collaborative outcomes for business improvements while ensuring that tools are updated to reflect new processes and procedures.
• Your excellent written and verbal communication skills ensure that your presentations and materials tell a clear story that address audience need while focusing on ensuring better business decisions. You effectively use words, data and visuals to strengthen your story.
• You are comfortable communicating with senior ministry official, partners and end-users to provide advice, briefings and exchange information.
• You are experienced in drafting concise presentation decks, briefing notes, option notes and reports. Business Knowledge:
• You are a change management expert, with experience applying a range of theories and practices to lead and provide expertise to develop, design and implement new lines of business and business improvements. • You consistently apply your knowledge of business process improvement and process reengineering to create new or improve existing business processes and tools. • You have knowledge of and experience applying continuous improvement theories, including LEAN and other best practices to improve business processes, projects and initiatives.
• You can identify and work with partners to resolve operational and performance issues.
• You are experienced in documenting business needs, outcomes and roles and responsibilities using different tools, and are adept at developing business cases, cost-benefit analysis and risk management strategies. Technical Knowledge:
• You have knowledge of procurement principles, policies, legislation, directives, practices, related procedures, and contract management practices.
• You are able to lead the negotiation of performance-based contracts including key performance indicators, and contract management oversight on programs, projects and initiatives.
• You have knowledge in the development and monitoring of performance measures, benchmarking and risk management.
• You have knowledge of financial policies and planning and management practices to develop, monitor, track and control budgets related to business improvement programs, projects and initiatives.
• You have excellent research and quantitative, qualitative analytical skills to gather and analyze information to develop options and recommendations that support business improvement solutions.
• You are comfortable working with and analysing quantitative and qualitative data to demonstrate program outcomes, compliance with contract management procedures, analyse process and continuous improvements.
Salary Range: $76,382.00 - $112,555.00 Per Year Additional Information:
• 1 Temporary, duration up to 24 months, 25 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region, Criminal Record Check Note:
• In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position. Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Corporate Talent Programs Branch, Talent and Leadership Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
• Less qualified applicants may be considered on an underfill basis.
• The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 197947 by Tuesday, May 9, 2023. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code. www.ontario.ca/careers
Link to your job post: https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=197947
Post to the ACMP Ontario Job Board!
Your job poster will be active within 48 hours!
Job seekers: search for your next exciting role (free to ACMP members).
Hiring managers and recruiters: post opportunities for $50 or save with an annual membership for unlimited posts!
ACMP Ontario will amplify your job post through our newsletter and social media channels!
ACMP Ontario members can post for free by completing this form. Non-members can pay a $50 posting fee per job poster. For 3 or more job postings, inquire about our annual membership using the contact form.
If you have questions about the job board, please complete our contact form. We will respond within 48 hours.